Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm not picky about coffee

I'm not what you would call a coffee connoisseur. I don't drink the stuff all that often, sometimes for a treat, sometimes for a caffeine kick.

This morning at work, I'm dragging a little, didn't sleep so well last night (getting over a cold). I decided to get a mocha. On my way downstairs to our coffee shop, which tries to be it's own little Starbucks(TM) in a corner of the cafeteria, I walked past the robo-coffee dispenser in the break room. Now, this isn't your father's coffee machine. This machine offers no fewer than 12 choices for your fix, including: Coffee (duh), decaf (why bother?), "dark roast," espresso, cappuccino, latte, mocha, cafe vienna, hot chocolate, and something called french vanilla, all with optional cream and sugar.

65 cents instead of two bucks at faux-bucks. OK, it wasn't very good. But it was probably worth 65 cents.

No comments: